With their first two Daptone albums – Get an Understanding, and as featured singers on Como Now – THE COMO MAMAS established themselves as three of the strongest voices in gospel music today.
In December of 2015, they cemented that reputation by taking their first trip from their home in Como, MS up to Harlem, NY to crush the Apollo Theater as part of the Daptone Super Soul Revue. Taking full advantage of their presence in town, the Daptone crew brought ESTER MAE WILBOURN, DELLA DANIELS, and ANGELIA TAYLOR into the House of Soul the week after the show to join forces for the first time with the musicians and studio that has defined their label’s sound. JIMMY HILL, THOMAS BRENNECK, HOMER STEINWEISS, and BOSCO MANN, all stalwarts of the Daptone stable, came together as “The Glorifiers Band,” to put down a churning musical foundation for these amazing singers. The results are some of the heaviest tracks that Daptone has cut to date. If you don’t like raw, soulful gospel music, you’re really gonna hate this one. Move Upstairs is a REAL mother!
KEY MARKETING POINTS:
• Featuring: Jimmy Hill (Wilson Pickett, Naomi Shelton & the Gospel Queens,) Thomas Brenneck (Menahan Street Band, Budos Band, Charles Bradley,) Homer Steinweiss (Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, Menahan Street Band, Charles Bradley,) and Bosco Mann (Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, Naomi Shelton & The Gospel Queens.)
• 7" single for "Move Upstairs" b/w "Count Your Blessings" for release on April 7th, 2017.
• Publicity by Stephanie Weiss.
• Radio Campaign by Dave Sanford, Distiller Promo.
• Posters and play copies available. Available from 19.05.2017