BBE present the iconic final house album Pyrography from Osunlade. Released as gorgeous 32 page hardbound art book.
A1 I'm Happy
A3 Walkin' In Paris
B1 Trinity Ov Me feat. Oveous Maximus
B3 The Distance
C1 No Way
C2 Intro (Solemait)
D1 Ser Al Santisimo
D2 Yeku Yeku
D3 A Day Without U
More of a cultural artifact than an album in the traditional sense, Osunlade’s ‘Pyrography’ first materialised in 2011, intended to mark the closing chapter in his House music journey, the start of a new creative phase. Titled after the ancient artistic practice of burning an image onto a surface, everything about ‘Pyrography’ implied both ritual and permanence. A few signed, ultra-limited edition CD copies of the album were accompanied by a specially commissioned art book, with original works by highly regarded Australian artist Scott Marr and a series of ‘oriki’ prayers appearing in print for the first time ever. In 2017, BBE are proud to team up with the mercurial DJ, producer and ordained Yoruba priest Osunlade to make this incredible work of art available on vinyl for the first time. Two heavyweight 12” records nestle in the front and back covers of a lovingly printed book containing a brief history of the Yoruba culture, Scott Marr’s evocative
images and those all-important traditional oriki prayers by Maria Oggun Bemi. Placed at the meeting point of art, culture, history, music and spirituality, Pyrography
simply cannot be described or compared, much like the ritual Anagó language the project celebrates.
“The work in this book was created in honour of the Yoruba Orisha gods.
Its concept, music and artistic direction by devotee and Yoruba priest, Osunlade.”
Key Selling Points:
* Osunlade's iconic final House music album now available on vinyl for the first time.
* Packaged with an art book featuring Yoruba language, prayer and history illustrated with unique pyrography (images burned onto paper) created by award winning artist Scott Marr http://www.scottmarr.com.au
* ”…a true celebration of the organic meeting the synthetic, and art meeting music." - BPM Magazine
* Osunlade is an ordained priest of the Yoruba faith. Other devotees include legendary artists Tito Puente, Sade & Chaka Khan.
* Combining spirituality, art and music, ‘Pyrography’ is much more than an album, or a book. It’s a cultural and religious artefact.
For Fans Of: DJ Spinna, Dennis Ferrer, Black Coffee, Kerri Chandler Available from 10.03.2017