Ikeb’s newest A-Side, “Curitiba Strut,” delves deep into disco, with four minutes of musical fire. Driven by the deep-pocketed pulse of its four-man rhythm section (Barnaby Alter, drums, Dave Bourla, percussion, Vince Chiarito, bass, Robin Schmidt, guitar) and one of the tightest horn trios on the East Coast (Mike Buckley, winds, Jason Colby, trumpet, Nadav Nirenberg, trombone), Curitiba takes flight. Adding in special guest Kelly Finnigan of the Monophonics on synth, this is a can’t-miss for DJs and dancers alike! Monophonics B Side “Hanging On” is what happens when California Psychedelic Pop meets Detroit Soul. Heavy Vocals and Horns lead the way over a steady groove of Drums, Fuzz Bass, transistor Organ and a whirling wave of 6 & 12 String guitars. Picked from their 2015 psych-soul gem ‘Sound of Sinning’, this California flip is a perfect Northern Soul answer for DJ’s and to balance such a heavy Afrofunk Instrumental on the A Side from one of Brooklyn’s finest bands!
• 1st 45 release on Transistor Sound
• Special edition split side
• Original music by 2 of the heaviest bands in the soul/funk scene
• A side is new unreleased music by Ikebe
• B side by Monophonics is off their popular LP Sound of Sinning
• Both sides are uptempo and DJ friendly
• Both bands have previous popular releases on Ubiquity & Colemine Records Available from 13.01.2017