Break records are being released at an astounding rate.Yet most of
the sounds and samples used are just the same recycled material
from the last dozen break albums.This leaves the DJ who is looking
for new material to create with, disappointed. That is…until the
arrival of Grime-n & Starfunkle’s Sushi Breaks, a break record that is
the compilation of a decade’s worth of crate digging, sampling and
Featuring all new production from an international array of renowned
hip hop DJs and producers. Each track of beats is set to single BPM,
letting the DJ juggle endless sets with no need for sudden pitch
adjusts, giving maximum creativity to battles routines. Sushi Breaks
is chock full of original sounds and samples not used on previous
break albums, offering the DJ a whole new tool box of scratch to
paint their sound canvas with. Pressed at maximum groove depths,
Sushi Breaks keeps the needle where it’s supposed to be, so you
can do your best work without interruption.
1. Don’t Touch My Mustache
2. Spicy Tuna Baby Cuts
3. Deep in the Ginza District
4. Crispy California Roll Cuts
5. Chopstick in your Eye, Mother Father
6. Drunken Ping Pong Paddle Battle
7. Angry Udon Cuts
8. The Bullet Train Breaks
9. Hot Sake Sister Cuts
10. Dragon Balls of Fury
• 140 gram vinyl, limited to 1000 copies.
• Producers from around the world: Germany, Switzerland,
Norway, and the US.
• Features Producers include Sebastian Hochstein (A-Plus,
Sage Francis, Homeboy Sandman, Chali2na, Sadat X), J.
Rhodan, DJ Aktual, Soulseize and more.
• All Beat production is sample free.
• Sushi Loops companion app (iPhone/iPad) being developed
for Fall 2016 release Available from 21.10.2016