Homeboy Sandman is set to release Kindness For Weakness, his third full-length album on Stones Throw Records. The album’s title comes from Sandman’s internal insight that “mistaking kindness for weakness is a weakness I need to have more kindness for”. One of Sandman’s most poignantly lyrical releases to date, the album centres on the MC’s discomfort in his comfort zone, and addresses themes such as his personal insecurities, rapper stereotypes and morality. The prolific Queens MC has been prominently published in Gawker and the Huffington Post. In an extensive feature in The Guardian, he stated “I don’t want to write something to be a conversation piece. It has to help change something”.
Since signing with Stones Throw Records in 2011, Homeboy Sandman has made himself at home with 3 full-lengths, a series of 5 short records and, most recently, a free EP with collaborator Aesop Rock (who has a guest feature on Kindness for Weakness) named Lice, which includes a remix by Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park. With Kindness For Weakness, Sandman has once again established himself as one of the most productive and creative lyricists of this generation.
01. Heart Sings
03. Real New York – Homeboy Sandman, I Am Many
04. Seam By Seam – Homeboy Sandman, Until the Ribbon Breaks
05. It’s Cold – Homeboy Sandman, Steve Arrington
06. Talking (Bleep)
08. Keep It Real – Homeboy Sandman, Mystro
09. Earth, Wind, Fire, Water – Homeboy Sandman, yU, Tah Phrum Duh Bush, Shad
11. Sly Fox
13. Non Believers
14. Speak Truth – Homeboy Sandman, Kurious, Breeze Brewin, Aesop Rock
The album Homeboy Sandman “Kindness For Weakness” (Stones Throw) is going to be released May 13, 2016.