It’s been 3 years since Tel Aviv’s indie-soul septet MONC released their debut LP “The North” on Acid Jazz Records. But make no mistake, they haven’t been resting. In the meantime they have released sold-out singles, an EP, and have toured Europe no less than five times! They visited Germany, France, Italy and the Czech Republic, and were met with excitement all over Europe’s Mod and Soul scene.
April of 2016 sees the release of their second studio album, titled “This City”, which is dedicated to their home town – Tel Aviv. In the album MONC infuse Northern Soul, Post-Punk and Rock'N'Roll influences into heady visions of the city’s buildings, streets, bedrooms, clubs and bars, while remaining dedicated to their brass section extravaganza and the three-minute pop-nugget charm.
The band have a fan in Craig Charles, who liked the album so much he’s hand-selecting 3 of his favourite tracks from the album on his BBC Funk & Soul Show and will invite listeners to phone in and vote for the “single”, which will then be released digitally by the band. He has also invited the band over from Tel Aviv for a live session in the station’s Manchester studios.
01 / A1 Running
02 / A2 Wendy Rene
03 / A3 All In
04 / A4 Boy
05 / A5 My Danish Girl
06 / A6 Forever Starts Tonight
07 / B1 I’m Com’un Home (In the Morn’un)
08 / B2 Lost Tobacco Road
09 / B3 77
10 / B4 They Don’t Know
11 / B5 Let’s Get Away
12 / B6 Permanent Vacation
Unique Selling Points:
- The band are to be featured on Craig Charles’ Funk & Soul Show where listeners are invited to “choose the single”
- Craig Charles is a big fan of the album and band and will be giving them a lot of support
- The band are to be feature on the Funk & Soul Show Live Sessions in March/April *Date TBC*
- The band are heading to Europe to tour and push the album. *Dates TBA*
- Album is currently being pushed for worldwide cinema syncs.
- Last album released by the band sold out Available from 22.04.2016