Born in Viña del Mar, Chile, Felipe Valenzuela has been close to music since his early youth. At the age of 8 he started classical piano lessons, and when he was in his teens he immersed himself in the music from bands like Rush, Yes, Pink Floyd and Kraftwerk. It was at this point that he began experimenting with synthesizers and learned about composition and arrangement. By 1998, his passion for music took a turn and he projected his interest towards other musical trends closer to Detroit Techno, Chicago House and their derivatives. This lead him to DJing, and in 2002 he began his career behind the decks.
By 2006, Felipe was regularly releasing his own productions fueled by his passion for electronic music and also thanks to his education in Computer Engineering and Sound. His music has been featured on respected imprints like Cadenza, SAW Recordings, Metroline, Room 9, Sound Architecture, Andes Music, Fumakilla, Safari Electronique and Remake Music. His tracks have been played and supported by some of the biggest DJs in the world, including Ricardo Villalobos, Luciano, Loco Dice and Laurent Garnier.
Felipe joined Cadenza’s roster in 2010, and since then he has showcased his unique club sound across the world as part of Luciano’s group of internationally renowned artists, one of his major contribution to the label being the 2012 smash hit “Hole In The Middle”, co-produced with Dani Casarano and Demian Muller.
Felipe Valenzuela Top 10 January 2016:
01. Mystic Bill – Late Night At The Music Box (Relief Records)
02. Ricardo Villalobos – True To Myself (Perlon)
03. Omni Am – Smurfette’s Big Night (Euphoria Records)
04. Felipe Valenzuela & Dani Casarano – Derek (Melisma Series)
05. STL – Smile Function (Mutual Friend Recordings)
06. DJ Fett Birger – Ostepop Dream Mix (Geography Records)
07. Sahau – Montreal (Zimbru)
08. Ricardo Villalobos & Argenis Brito – Amnesia Beats (Melisma Limited)
09. Giuliano Lomonte – Unit (Melisma Records)
10. Cesar Merveille – Conflit de Canards (-)