The album is a soundtrack of music inspired by the movie Rubble Kings and is out globally on digital and physical formats on January 15, 2016 via Mass Appeal Records. Produced by longtime Run The Jewels collaborator Little Shalimar, the album features appearances from Bun B, Ghostface Killah, Killer Mike, Tunde Adebimpe, Mr Muthaf*kin eXquire, Boldy James, Cuz Lightyear, Ka and Roxiny, in addition to Run The Jewels.
Scoring the film was the first time Little Shalimar set out to make period music. Half of the music on this album was taken directly from the score and is heavily indebted to ‘60s and ‘70s soul and funk music. For the new tunes Shalimar sampled joints from the score and created new beats out of them.
“The messages of hope and self-determination from the film are so applicable to modern times that we felt it was really important to include rappers and singers that young people check today. I'm in the fortunate position to work with a bunch of really great artists on a regular basis. I called on my friends and their friends to contribute vocals as project. I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out.”
Both the CD and LP version include an iron-on patch of the Rubble Kings plus a download code for the Rubble Kings documentary.
2. Savage Habits
3. Warrior Thing feat. eXquire
4. Bouncy 3 feat. King Mono
5. The Revolution Might Be Televised
6. Delaney Card feat. Ka
7. Edge of the Edge (Instrumental)
8. Rubble Kings Theme (Dynamite) feat. Run The Jewels
9. Partytime (Jitter Buggin)
10. Comes With The Territory
11. Same Damn Thang feat. Ghostface Killah, Boldy James & eXquire
12. The Piano District (Gentrification Boogie)
13. Phoenix feat. Roxiny & Tunde Adebimpe Available from 04.03.2016