Tiger's Milk present new Bass heavy Peruvian compilation. Peru Boom - Bass, Bleeps and Bumps from Peru's Electronic Underground
build Lima’s reputation as ‘jewel in the crown’ of South America’s rave & party scenes. Tropical bass artists like Dengue Dengue Dengue, DJ Chakruna, Animal Chuki and Deltatron have long been guided by the roots of chicha and Peruvian cumbia. This sees them reshape and digitally render the original sounds fashioning new cuts inspired by dubstep, techno, trap, grime, house and electronica all aimed squarely at the dancefloor.
Detroit has techno, Chicago has house, and Peru’s DJs and producers consider Lima as the home of Tropical Bass. A global and amorphous style of music that has producers, DJs and flagbearers from various corners of the world from South Africa and Angola’s Kudoro scenes to the Baile Funk parties of Brazil, international DJs like Diplo, Switch and labels like Mad Decent have long been absorbing and redefining the sound.
Electronic music made in Peru is often influenced by the national music style ‘Cumbia’, a slow and syncopated style of music full of complex rhythms. Lima is the central meeting point for all of Peru’s Andean, African and European cultures and this is reflected by the varied music blaring out from speakers around the city. With an admirable respect for labels like Infopesa, the most influential label in ‘60s & ‘70s Peru for chicha and Peruvian Cumbia, the artists of today bring traditional and once popular sounds bang up to date, creating a new history influenced by urban Lima.
Peru Boom is the third compilation released on Tiger’s Milk (in conjunction with Strut). Following hot on the heels of the 1960’s jazz and ‘70s funk of Peru Bravo and Peru Maravilloso, this marks a new departure for the label, bringing things bang up to date with the latest electronic sounds. Martin Morales, co-founder of Tiger’s Milk Records first took inspiration for the project at a life changing rave in Lima 3 years ago thrown by Dengue Dengue Dengue.
The album cover is a commissioned work by top Peruvian artist Ruta Mare. The design combines ‘80s electronica with bold colours relative to the tropical bass scene and will look even better on physical CD and LPs
1. Animal Chuki ‘Luto’
2. Deltatron ‘Ego Trip’
3. Dengue Dengue Dengue ‘Como Bailar Cumbia’
4. Piraña Sound System ‘Naranja Limones’
5. Chakruna ‘Cumbia Achorada’
6. Rolovo ‘Outropical’ (Version B)
7. Tribilin Sound ‘El Carmen’
8. Qechuaboi ‘Iseecumbiapeopleagain’
9. Pe Garcia ‘Subete a la Noche’
10. Tribilin Sound ‘Underground Cumbia’
11. Deltatron ‘El Que Abandona No Tiene Premio’
12. Chakruna ‘Sonido Chichero’ (ft. Chapilitta)
13. Elegante y Imperial ‘Tardes’
14. Tribilin Sound ‘Negroide’
15. Los Chapillacs ‘Marcha del Chullachaqui’ (Deltatron Remix)
16. Tribilin Sound ‘Eduardo y Hank’
FOR FANS OF:
For fans of: Diplo, Switch, Spoek Mothambo, Dengue Dengue Dengue, dubstep, techno, electro, cumbia, chicha, dubstep, Mad Decent.
• Latest in acclaimed series of Peruvian music compilations from Tiger’s Milk following ‘Peru Maravilloso’ and ‘Peru Bravo’
• First ever international compilation of Peruvian Tropical Bass and Electronic Music
• Features globally known artists Dengue Dengue Dengue & Animal Chuki
• Album has major crossover potential on international dancefloors.
Tiger’s Milk is run by Martin Morales & Duncan Ballantyne. Martin is a producer, author, top chef and restaurateur. He oversees the award winning Ceviche and Andina Peruvian Restaurants in London. His CV includes being a founder member of Apple’s I-Tunes Europe, running Disney’s music and launching Miley Cyrus among others. Duncan previously label managed Soundway and Far Out Records and manages acts Kanaku y el Tigre and Da Lata.
www.cevicheuk.com Available from 26.06.2015