London’s Mark Henning has risen up as one of the underground’s true players – recording for a volley of international house & techno labels. Born to English and German parents, he has spent most of his life in England, though has never forgotten his German roots and is now firmly settled in Berlin. Since quitting his city job in 2007 he’s been nominated for a DJ Mag award, toured all over the world, released an album and countless well-received and heavily supported EPs and remixes.
With an ever increasing following over the years, Mark has established himself as a consistent producer of quality underground house and techno having released music on well-regarded labels such as Soma, Hypercolour, Cityfox, Freude am Tanzen and more recently his own imprint Swing. Additionally, his tracks has been licensed to Cocoon, Bugged Out, Fabric, M-nus and Watergate compilations amongst others. His sound sits somewhere between house and techno, with a healthy dose of darkness, swing and funk.
Mark has proven himself as a great live act and versatile DJ, being equally comfortable playing deep morning sets as well as peak time slots. He has performed at clubs such as Fabric, Panorama Bar, Watergate, Rex, Space, Lux and The Arches to name just a few, as well as the festivals T In The Park, Rockness, BPM, Fusion and Portugal’s BOOM.
After making his Poker Flat Recordings debut with his track “Mad Half Hour” featured on the Poker Flat anniversary “Four Jacks – 15 Years Of Poker Flat”-series, Mark Henning served his first full Poker Flat EP “Pusher” in early 2015.
Mark Henning Top 10 June 2015:
01. The Analogue Cops – Purple EP (Out-er)
02. Mark Henning – Dust (Soma Records)
03. Inland – Solstice (Counterchange)
04. Lucretio – Vampire Killer (Hypercolour Ltd)
05. DJ Richard – Zero (-)
06. Endian – Finish Me (Secretsundaze)
07. Modula – Controllo (Fuckthegovernment Chicago Mix) (Stay Underground It Pays)
08. DJ W!ld – Quand Tu Te Touches (Dan Curtin Metamorphic Dimension Remix) (The W Label)
09. Aubrey – Jazz Oscillator (Rawax)
10. Sean Dixon – Reconcile (Palms Trax Remix) (Final Chapter)