TJ Kong aka Erwin van Moll was one of the first Dutch techno musicians during the early nineties and one of the main producers to give birth to the ‘Eindhoven techno sound’. Since then he has built an extensive discography containing a wide variety of styles such as deep house, disco, break beats, ambient music and down tempo. When asked what all his music has in common there’s a long pause. “It all has a warmth and a strong atmosphere I hope” he replies. “Oh, and the bass line. I find the bass line very important in dance music”.
He has released records on labels such as Mo’ Wax, Djax, Evolution/Universal Language, Compost, Compost Black Label and Eskimo Recordings, and he did remixes for David Holmes, Kirk Degiorgio, Steve Poindexter and Gerd. His 1995 album “Love & Mathematics” has earned him a place in the acclaimed Penguin book “The Rough Guide To Techno”.
In summer 2010 TJ Kong & Nuno Dos Santos released the much anticipated full-length album “After Dark My Sweet” on Compost Records.
As a dj TJ Kong’s much loved for his fluent and open minded style. He played every Dutch club and has stood in the spotlights at The End (London), Café d’Anvers (Antwerp), 10 days off (Ghent), Nitsa (Barcelona), Harry Klein (Munich), The Arches (Glasgow), Beam Hall (Tokyo) to name just a few.
After collaborating on exclusive tracks for the label’s lovingly-acidic “Forward To The Past” series, TJ Kong & Modular K released their debut full-length, “Dream Cargoes” (release date: 13.04.2012) on Poker Flat.
Having been friends and colleagues in the Dutch electronic scene for well over a decade, the talented pair have so much experience in working on different studio projects, and now come together in this glorious full-length exploration of their vision of house and techno today.
TJ Kong Dream Cargoes Top 10:
01. Petar Dundov – Brownian Interplay (Music Man Records)
02. TJ Kong & Modular K – Dream Cargoes (Poker Flat Recordings)
03. I:Cube – Deep Republic (Versatile Records)
04. Roger Martinez – Die Magische Tijd (Gem Records)
05. Skwerl – Pollyanna (International DeeJay Gigolo Records)
06. Bitcrush – Post (Nichts ist wie vorher, Bersarin Quartett RMX) (N5MD Records)
07. F.E.X. & Ron Costa – Acid Shaking (Poker Flat Recordings)
08. max 404 – Quiddity (First Visit) (EevoNext)
09. John Carpenter & Alan Howarth – The Duke Arrives: The Barricade / The President At The Train (12″ re-edit) (Strut)
10. Mark E – Oranges (Spectral Sound)