In his teenage years Douglas Greed aka Real got heavily infected by breakbeat, hip hop and drum & bass. Soon after he started to collect records excessively and he became a well-known dj with residencies in venues like Klub Muna, Kassablanca in Jena and the Forellenkeller in Gera.
Thanks to his multi-dimensional musical background it’s no wonder that over the years Douglas Greed has established a drum & bass alter-ego, Real, to complement his artistic aspirations.
He has been part of the Freude am Tanzen collective for quite a long time now, and released several 12″es on Freude am Tanzen Recordings and Combination Records. His latest effort is a remix of Marbert Rocel’s “Beats Like Birds” which has been released on Compost Records in late September.
Below you can find some of his favourite drum & bass tunes of the moment:
01. Lynx & Kemo – Carnivale (Soul:R)
02. Kjell – Healing Process (Santorin)
03. Commix – Be True (Metalheadz)
04. Matrix – Coast 2 Coast (Viper)
05. Howie & Chance – Die Letzte Schlacht Remix (-)
06. Marcus Intalex – Lowlife (Soul:R)
07. Duo Infernale – Felling Blue (Soul:R)
08. Audio Unit – Palais Royal (Audio Unit)
09. Lomax, BCee – Outlaw (Real People)