Known throughout the world of independent hip hop for his special production skills, J. Rawls has built tracks for Mos Def, Talib Kweli and El da Sensei plus his day job, Lone Catalysts, with J. Sands. “The Essence of J. Rawls”, his first solo album, featured guests like J-Live, Dose One, and Asheru, among many others.
At the moment J Rizzy is getting busy with his seminal solo-production effort “Histories Greatest Battles, Campaigns and Topics” (Female Fun), as well as producing beats for Venus Malone and the forthcoming Lone Catalysts album “Good Music” (B.U.K.A.). Over and above that the new 3582 (J Rawls & Fat Jon) album “Situational Ethics” (Hum Drums) including the wonderful “Vanessa From Venezuela” is out now. Just thought you should know. And now peep some of J.Rawls’ favorite original bossa & brazil jazz tunes.
01. Jorge Ben and Toquino – Carolina Bela (Polygram)
02. Jorge Ben & Gilberto Gil – Taj Mahal (Polygram)
03. Stan Getz& Luis Bonfa – Saudade Vem Correndo (Verve)
04. Astrud Gilberto – Berimbou (Verve)
05. Stanley Turrentine & Astrud Gilberto – Ponteio (Columbia)
06. Sergio Mendes – Cinnamon And Clove (A&M)
07. Sergio Mendes – Scarborough Fair (A&M)
08. Antonio Carlos Jobim – Andorinha (Epic)
09. Jorge Ben – Mas, Que Nada (Polygram)
10. Stan & Astrud – Girl From Ipanema (Verve)